Help & Information
If you have any questions or would like to find out more information about shopping on the Independent Music website please use the links below to jump to the appropriate section.
About Independent Music
How to Order
Terms and Conditions
About Independent Music
Independent Music is a website operated by News and Media Promotions Limited, (registered in England and Wales under company no 3521700) of 130 High Street, Rochester, ME1 1JT and all products advertised on Independent Music are sold and supplied by News and Media Promotions Limited a company wholly independent of Independent Newspapers Limited. 191 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9RS, acts merely as an advertiser of News and Media Promotions Limited’s products.
How to Order
If you know exactly what you would like to buy, the simplest way to find it is to type its name into the search box (found in the top left of every page of our site).
Alternatively, you can make your way around the site using the various links until you find what you are looking for, or simply browse until something catches your eye.
To find out more about a product, click on the image of the product or on the "More Info" button. You'll then be taken to that product's page, which shows you an image of the item, more information about the item, an "Add to Basket" button to add the item to your Basket, and sometimes links to other related products.
Adding items to your Basket
When you click on "Add to Basket", the item is added to your Basket (found at the top right-hand corner of your screen). This is a place to store anything you intend to buy. You can remove items from your Basket at any time if you change your mind.
• Simply click on "View Basket" to view the contents of your basket - "View Basket" is a tab in the centre at the top of your screen.
• You can change the quantity of any item by entering the new quantity and clicking on "Update".
• To remove an item, you change the quantity to 0 and click "Update". Always remember to click "Update" after changing a quantity.
When you're ready to buy, click "Proceed to checkout" to begin filling out the order form. If you have ordered from the website before you can enter your email address and the password you selected last time you ordered. Then click "Sign in". If you are a new website customer then please click "Register".
Completing the order form
• Remember that all fields with a red asterisk are mandatory.
• You only need to fill in your house number and postcode. To save you time, we complete the rest of your address from these details and you will have the opportunity to check and amend them on the following page. Select the "Remember Me" option to save you having to enter these details when you return to our site. This service relies on a cookie being placed on your computer. If you delete your cookies, then you will have to re-enter your address details next time you order.
• When you're ready, click "Continue".
• On the next page of the checkout, ensure that the address details shown are correct.
• The 'Contact' address must be the same as the address the credit card bill is sent to.
• If you require the goods to be sent to an alternative delivery address, or if there is an error in the 'Contact' address, click the appropriate "Change the Address" button, fill out the form, and click submit.
• Select "Continue" when you are happy with the order details shown.
The next and final page of the checkout is where you fill in your payment information. We accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Delta & Switch. All transactions are shown in £ sterling.
Fill out your payment details and click "Complete Order" to complete your order.
You are given an order summary showing your order number. Please make a note of this in case you need to refer to it at a later date. Print out a copy of this as your receipt.
Once your payment has been processed you will be sent an email acknowledging confirmation of your order
If you require any further information, please call the Order Line on 01634 832 789
Every care has been taken to ensure that all product descriptions and specifications are correct. Colour reproduction is a good representation, however due to variances in monitor resolutions etc, a slight variance from the actual products can occur.
Back to top
Where do you deliver?
We currently deliver anywhere on the UK mainland. This website is only intended for use by people resident in the UK mainland and we currently do not accept any orders from individuals outside these areas.
What happens after I place my order?
You will receive a confirmation of order email from us.
When will my order arrive?
The delivery details of your goods will be outlined in your confirmation email. However, we aim to dispatch all orders (subject to availability) 7- 10 days from receipt of your order. All goods should be delivered within 21 days. In the unlikely event that there is any delay, we will advise you accordingly.
Do you allow delivery to a different address?
Yes, you can enter a different delivery address to your own address. For example you may want your goods delivered to your work address or as a gift for someone else.
Is your site secure?
Yes, our site is completely secure. To ensure the security of your transaction, we use encypted technology. This means that any page where you enter personal information such as credit card details, the information is encrypted to safeguard your details. Encryption also prevents other Internet users from accessing this information. We only accept orders that are placed using this technology.
If I pay by credit or debit card, when will my card be charged?
All payments by debit or credit card are taken on despatch of the product.
How do I return my goods?
At Independent Entertainment we want you to be happy every time you shop with us. So, in addition to your 7 day right of cancellation, we have a "total satisfaction" guarantee. This means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, all you have to do is return it to us in good condition within 30 days from the date of your order and we will issue a full refund for the price of the item less a nominal charge of £1.50 for handling, insurance and re-stocking.
We will be happy to refund the purchase price in full if the return is a result of our error or a defect. If you receive a damaged or defective item, we will promptly send you a replacement or issue you a full refund after you have returned the damaged or defective title. [You will not be charged any additional shipping or handling fees for replacement shipments.]
Goods must be returned in their original packaging and in the condition that they were delivered in. The returns policy will be outlined in your confirmation email and on the dispatch note included with your goods. We recommend you use a recorded delivery service to ensure the safe delivery of returned goods as we cannot be held responsible for goods you return that are lost in transit.
What do I do if my goods are damaged or faulty?
You should contact Independent Entertainment in the first instance. The relevant contact details can be found on your confirmation email. You may also contact Independent Entertainment at: 01634 832 789, or write to: email@example.com
Back to top
News and Media Promotions Limited ("we", "us" or "our" for short) are registered to collect and process personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act" for short). News and Media Promotions Limited are data controllers of your personal information for the purposes of the Act. If you want to know what personal information we hold about you, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of your information
Information supplied by you to us is stored on a secure server. The secure server encrypts all of your personal information to ensure that the information you give our website us is protected against unauthorised access.
We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of our website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use by using Secure Socket Layer 128-bit encryption. When you use our website to purchase products we will ask you for your email address and other personal information. We gather information about you to provide you with the products you have purchased and to contact you on any matter relating to the products available from us in general.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on our website;
• information about your computer including where available your IP address (the address that can identify your computer on the Internet), operating system and Internet browser type;
• details of your visits to our website and the pages and resources that you access.
We may use your personal information to:
• provide you with information about special features on our website or any of our special offers, competitions, services, products or information or those of third parties which we think may interest you. If you do not want to receive this information you may decline to do so at the time you place your order or at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
• ensure materials on our website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law. We do not sell or otherwise share your personal information with third parties without your consent except in the following instances:
• unless required by applicable law or if we are ordered to do so by a court or other similar body;
• as we may think necessary to protect our legal rights, a registered user or third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or
• where we are approached by a potential buyer of its business and/or assets or in relation to any joint venture or other business arrangement and in such circumstances we will be able to pass on your personal information to its advisors and any prospective buyer, as well as to any other relevant parties.
• your information will be provided to Independent Newspapers Limited for their use in accordance with the purposes notified to you and the consents given by you at the time of placing your order.
We may also use this information to improve our website and our service and to monitor website usage.
We may wish to collect further information from you in the near future. However, we will inform you of this and you will be able to refuse to do so.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There may be an administrative charge for providing a copy of this information.
How do I change my personal details?
We want to ensure that we provide you with the best possible service. Please therefore always keep us updated of any changes to your personal information, for example, if your email address changes. Please do this by emailing email@example.com
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). By registering on our website or sending us your personal information by other means, you are indicating your consent for your personal information to be sent and stored outside the EEA.
What does providing us with this information mean?
What are cookies?
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use of our website including preventing you from ordering products available on our website and/or delay or affect the way in which our website operates.
“Third party advertising cookies: Most of the advertisements you see on telegraph.co.uk are generated by third parties. Some of these third parties generate their own cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to do this), and to track how many people have seen it more than once. These cookies cannot be used to identify an individual; they can only be used for statistical purposes, for example, in providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. Some of the information gleaned from third party cookies will be aggregated with other anonymous information for statistical purposes. The third party companies that generate these cookies have their own, very strict, privacy policies but we don’t have access to these cookies; other than allowing them to be served, we have no role to play in these cookies at all (although we may use statistical information arising from these third party cookies and provided to us by third parties, to improve the targeting of advertisements to users of telegraph.co.uk).
If you would like to disable “third party” cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie that will stop any further cookies being served to your machine. Here are links to the two main third party advertising platforms we use, each of which have instructions on how to do this:
You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising bodies for more information on how to opt out of these cookies: